Thursday, November 20, 2008

Turning 21, time to be a man.

My latest and greatest...

http://retrorazor.com/
Yeah, I bought a safety razor, some mug soap, one of those brushes, and a styptic pencil online. Once it arrived I went to the shop on post and bought a mug and I was set.
My first attempt at shaving like a man was pretty spotty, I mean I knew that was coming, all I got to shave off was my five o'clock shadow and whatever my old electric razor didn't get this morning. I guess I still haven't got the hang of shaving because my neck and my chin still feel really rough. However, I did get to use the styptic pencil, I could feel manliness in that sting.

There were more red dots than I thought. As you can see in this picture.

You know in home alone when he slaps on the aftershave and screams. It's based off of fact. That stuff stung worse than that pencil thing.

However, the pain paid off, now my face has a pleasant aroma. I'm confident that taking the extra five minutes each morning to perform this ritual of manhood will somehow please the manhood Gods. Up there wearing plaid, cutting down trees, killing mountain lions with their bare hands, fighting ninjas, and riding across the deserts, shooting stuff. Yeah, I know they're proud of what I did today.
Clarification.

-Owen "I'm changing my name to Paul in honor of becoming a man" Morrill

3 comments:

Steve M said...

Way to be a man Paul!

meg said...

That is the scariest thing I've ever seen. (The razor... not your face). :)

Evelynda said...

you're such a cute little man... :) Love ya, Mom