Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dashboard good, rock band bad.

DASHBOARD SHOW
That's right, I broke my two year long crappy record of not seeing Dashboard. Last time I went was with Steve and Meg and Meg drank her code red too fast and got sick. Plus the awesomeness of Dashboard playing live almost blew her mind. But we persevered and had a good show. Even though Chris had taken to wearing a fedora-like hat, had trimmed his sideburns and somehow lost his F-ing jacket. Lame. I'm talking about the one he wore the night I saw him play at Brick's in Salt Lake, with Steve,

Sidenote, Steve, any show you're not at sucks.

That show in Bricks cost us $13 a person. I paid $40 this time. Another Lame deal. Oh and I'm never playing rock band or guitar hero again. Ever. And here's why, Dashboard didn't headline. Yeah, Panic did. I'll never forgive the rock band hosers for that.

Dashboard good, Rock Band bad.
But I did get to see Dashboard live. And afterward I took a picture of the empty parking lot with Rogge's camera. I'll eventually have to put that up with a "No one likes Rock Band" underneath.

Chris had his faithful fedora again this time around. Sideburns were trimmed even higher to where he was almost unrecognizable. What gave it away was when he began singing, and since it was a lame front for Rock Band and not a real show they played all their most mainstream songs. I was holding out for a reall quiet moment to yell out "DROWNING!" in the hope that they'd take pity on me and play the song. Alas, they actually were done so fast I was left wanting. But I understand, all hail Rock Band and not Dashboard. Psh, yeah right. I had to be physically restrained from attacking the best buy dude that was there. I also blame Best Buy.

So, voice hoarse and spirits much improved, we jetted before the horror of watching something as lame as to call themselves panic, which although appropriate because I, in fact, do panic when I hear anything from them come on. We got ourselves out and just in the nick of time too. And after Dane sat and talked on the phone to a girl named Samantha in Germany... no kidding, I'm not making that up, we finally headed home blaring a mix we made a few months back and me singing myself even hoarser. This morning when I woke up I could barely speak and my voice was all gravelly. It was cool.

That's about it, had a good time, Rogge's good company. And I guess about the whole fedora and rock band and 13 year olds and crap, well, Bob Dylan said it when he wrote "The times, they are a changin'." Yeah Bob, they are. They sure are...
-Owen

1 comment:

meg said...

Any concert with someone other than Dashboard headlining isn't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on. Oh, and thanks for bringing up the Code Red incident. :P