Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Idea


So I couldn't fall asleep last night. After one day back in the swing of things I was absolutely sure of two things; First, I can't wait here another two years with a way out like I have, re enlisting. And Second, I need to do something that'll mesh my present to my future. Some career that I can really wrap my head around.

Nothing, I went back and forth, roaming the internet for some sort of "Oh yeah, that's it right there!" Not the case. I looked at every job the US Army has to offer and yeah, I was interested in a few, and I knew I could do them pretty well. But, I don't wanna stay in the military and I don't wanna work on helicopters the rest of my life.


Oh, the pictures? They're just there because the last two posts didn't have any.

Anyway, it's past two o'clock in the morning and I'm still as restless and crapped out as I was around nine. I have to get up at five thirty and I'm gonna be pretty busy all day. Then bam.

National Geographic.

Ah! So that thought drops into my head and it's like I struck oil, everything I know about national geographic points towards it being a good time. It's like part journalism, part anthropology, archaeology, photography, travel, history. It's the mother-flippin world! Right?

So that's the plan for now, I'll probably re-enlist and become a journalist for the army just to get some sort of experience for later on in life. And BAM! like I was just telling Megan, now I've got short term AND long term goals.

And here's a picture of me getting totally had by the squirrels and chipmunks of the Thompson wildlife management area in Virginia. Lame.

My Y button isn't working like it should... lame.

Peace
Owen

2 comments:

Steve M said...

Dude you own a camo hat?

Owen Paul M said...

I own like two of them, well, one. that one fell out of my pocket later on that day.